Tuesday 14 April 2015

Lots of spring growth on the fruit trees and bushes.

Finally, after days of rain and high winds we finally had a break in the weather and had a few days of sunshine just in time for Easter and as those lovely few days seem to be coming to an end for at least a few days at least I thought I'd share a few snaps of all the Spring growth on my fruit trees and bushes in the hopes of getting that sunshine feeling alive. 

My 'Red Devil' Apple tree was new last year and didn't really do anything last year so I'm super excited to see loads of new growth, I doubt I'll get any apples this year but fingers crossed for next year. 


This current bush was a bargain find last year in my local pound shop and to be honest I thought it was dead until I saw it's covered in tiny little buds of new growth.


I'm always excited to see tons of baby buds on my cherry tree, we managed to harvest a couple of handfuls of cherrys last summer before the birds nabbed the rest. As its just starting flowering I really need to net this tree as soon as Mr H is home to protect this years cherrys from those greedy blackbirds.


My little Blueberry bush is also starting to show signs of life, look at all these little flower buds. I was planning on potting this up into a large pot, but I guess I'll have to consult my fruit bible when's best to now. 


My Bramley Apple tree is only 3 years old but is growing lovely, it should reach its full size within the next couple of years and be no more than 8ft tall and I dream of that day, but for now I can't wait to see how many cooking apples we get this year. Last year we had our first harvest of 5 medium sized apples and they were just enough to bake a large family sized apple pie, fingers crossed for a few more this year.


This Gooseberry bush has just starting growing and is looking super healthy, I planted it last spring and I can't wait to see how it does this year. I'm hoping for enough it make gooseberry and elderflower jam. 


I love seeing the garden coming to life again after winter and I can't help but feel excited when I think about all the fruit I'll hopefully be harvesting this summer. 

x B x

No comments:

Post a Comment