Sunday 14 December 2014

The Christmas Tag


After reading The Christmas Tag by Becky over at Milk Bubble Tea (You can read her answers here) I couldn't resist sharing the tag and my answers to it, as I'm feeling quite festive after spending the day putting up our Christmas decorations and lights. I hope you enjoy reading and as Becky originally said feel free to copy and paste the questions and answer them yourself, as I'd love to read your answers. 


1. What is your favourite Christmas Movie/s?
There are so many.. It's not Christmas without watching Die Hard, the Muppets Christmas Carol, White Christmas, The Santa Clause Movies, and for some reason Jurassic Park. I also love watching the Christmas 24 channel while I spend hours wrapping (we have a very large family). 

2. Do you open your presents on Christmas Eve or Christmas morning?
Christmas morning, we open a few small ones and the stocking fillers then it's time for Christmas morning pancakes and then the real task of pressie opening begins, we (that being me and Mr H) usually enjoy a brew while watching and taking photos of the girls opening theres and then open ours. 

3. Do you have a favourite Christmas memory?
Most of my favourite memories are of family visiting, one of the most clear is of our uncle arriving to stay some time in the middle of the night and finding him asleep on the living room floor Christmas morning in amongst the pressies.

4. Favourite festive food?
The roast dinner without a doubt especially the Roast Potatoes, Pigs in Blankets and Yorkshire Puddings.

5. Favourite Christmas gift?
My Uncle bought me a little red bottle of perfume one year and I loved it so much, I can't for the life of me remember what it was called though. 

6. Favourite Christmas scent?
Christmas cake baking in the oven, I can't stand eating it but I love how it smells.

7. Do you have any Christmas Eve traditions?
We have a few, the first is that Christmas Eve is a stay home family day; the second is the newest, we have to have Christmas waffles & hot chocolate for breakfast (Jamie Oliver style); the third is the elfs leave the girls new Christmas pjs for bedtime; And the last is somethink I recycled from my nan, our main Christmas tree remains bare of decorations except for lights and chocs until Christmas Eve when I decorate it. 

8. What tops your tree?
In the conservatory the girls Christmas tree is topped with a paper Christmas Robin T made at school a year ago and our main tree in the living room has had the same sparkly gold star for the past 9 years.

9. As a kid what was the one (crazy, wild, extravagant) gift you always asked for but never received?
 I really can't remember to be honest my memory is abit crap, I don't ever remember being disappointed though so I was either lucky, easily pleased or spoilt.. my brother would probably vote for spoilt but I'm favoring lucky.  

10. What's the best part about Christmas for you?
 Hearing the excitement in my girls voices wondering if Santa's been and then watching their light up seeing what pressies he's brought. 




No comments:

Post a Comment