Friday 17 January 2014

Katy Perry - Killer Queen Review




As soon as I saw the TV ad I just knew I had to try this perfume and I was hooked as soon as I tried a sample while out christmas shopping. It smelt divine and I was determined to get my hands on a bottle, so I mentioned in passing (a few times) to my friends and family that I loved it in the hope that one of them might take pity on me and get me a bottle for christmas. Unfortunately either non of them took the hint or they just plain ignored it because christmas came and went and Santa didn't put a bottle in my stocking.


So while browsing for goodies online in the January sales I stumbled across the 50ml bottle reduced to £12.99 in boots as part of their offer of the week but was gutted to find it out of stock. Hoping and praying I popped into my local shop and thankfully they were able to order it in for me to pick up the next day.

Boots describes Killer Queen as 'a charmingly playful yet lethally gorgeous Floriental fragrance' and I have to completely agree the scent is addictive. To me it smells deep, dark and sensual, its a very romantic perfume.



The lush looking red bottle is designed to look like a queens scepter, it has a distinctive jewel shape with a gold cap with the custom KP crest on top. The box is also a striking red textured pattern similar to throne fabric.

For me the only downside is that a bottle this pretty should be on display and it doesn't come with a stand, but it won't stop me from repurchasing it again as it's now my go to everyday fragrance and I always get lovely comments about how nice it smells when I wear it. 

I'd love to know what you thought of Killer Queen? 



No comments:

Post a Comment