Saturday 14 June 2014

Birchbox World Cup Special Box June 2014

Happy sunny saturday my lovelies hope your all out enjoying your weekend. My June Birchbox arrived Thursday but between studying and my daughter coming home ill from school and being off school sick yesterday so I didn't get round to opening it til yesterday evening so I spent last night and this morning having a little play with all my new goodies and I have to say its a pretty great box. 

Before I start on about what goodies I received let's quickly discuss this month theme of Global Strikers inspired by the start of the World Cup, this month pouches are special edition in the Brazilian colours and all the samples this month are from all around the global... not one product in my box is from UK brands which I for one love. The little tips cards this month are of course packed full of beauty tips from around the global and the lowdown on a few of this months must have Birchbox samples.


Now for the goodies themselves.. The first product that grabbed my eye is a bright pink Beautyblender which comes with a Beautyblender Cleanser Solid Soap, I'm unsure of the actual price of the one I received but they retail online from £16. I've been considering purchasing a cheaper version of this from my local TKMaxx so I'm really pleased I held off now. As its should a bright pink it has the added bonus of hopefully being impossible to misplace, I have a nasty habit of misplacing my makeup brushes and finding them in the strangest places.

The next thing I grabbed was the Korres Citrus Little Body Milk (fullsize 150ml RRP £9.50). It smells amazing and reminds me of holidays to Greece as a little girl. Consistency wise I didn't expect it to be quite as running as it is but it rubbed in really quickly, left my skin feeling much softer and I managed to avoid wasting any through drips so it's all good. I think this is going to be a summer must have for me after days playing out in the sunshine. 

The sample that has me super excited is a OPI mini 3.75ml polish, I received the gorgeous Samba-dy Loves Purple which is a vibrant fuchsia pink/purple sand effect polish. I did search the birchbox website for a fullsized version and price but could only find this shade as part of a 4 minis for £14.50.

My fourth product is a 10ml Caudalie Vinoperfect Broad Spectrum SPF15 Day Perfecting Fluid.. wow that's a month full to say! I like that as its an oil-free moisturiser its suitable for all skin types even mine with on hot days can become very greasy. I love how light it actually feels on my skin and that with the added SPF its perfect for all the sunny days I hope this summer holds. The fluid itself seems slightly tinted but that doesn't seem to be visible when it's actually applied to your skin. 

My last product in the months box is an Yves Rocher Sheer Botanial Lipstick (Introductory Price £9.90) in shade 22. Corail Doux. Now to be honest I took one look at it and thought OMG its orange! but after swatching it I found it actually a pretty light coral shade so I gave it a try and I'm pretty undecided, it's definitely a summery lippy I just don't think its very me, but I am going to try it out again over the next couple of weeks and see how I feel about it then but I fear it's just going to end up at the bottom of my make up bag never to see daylight again. 


This months lifestyle extra is a fun little Brazil inspired flip-flop keyring which I know either my friends sport crazy son will like or my eldest daughter will nick to add to her collection. 

All in all its a pretty great box I'm loving the Body Milk, Polish and Face Cream they all scream summer to me. 

Have you received a Birchbox this month?
What did you love in this month selection? 

No comments:

Post a Comment