Saturday 1 February 2014

My January Favourites

This month has been a real beauty wake-up call for me, I've made a real effort to improve my beauty routines even with the curve ball at the end of the month in the form of a nasty viral infection. Here is a short list of my favourites this month. 




Blistex Medplus Repairing Lip Balm SPF15
(Full sized 7ml £2.30 in Boots)

I don't drive so have to walk everywhere and in winter this can leave me with really dry lips. I've spent years trying to find the best lip balm then last year I found this one in boots and I love it. Its a clear menthol medicated lip balm which makes my lips tingle and as its SPF15 its great for summer time too. Mr H isn't a fan but this stuff really works so you'll always find a pot of this in my handbag. 

Caudalie Vinoperfect Radiance Serum
(Full size 30ml £45.00 at lookfantastic)

I received this 10ml sample as a free gift with my Latest In Beauty Glamour Box in November and I've been using this religiously the past week trying to give my skin an extra boost while being ill and I really think its helped to prevent the spots outbreak I usually get when sick.

Soap & Glory The Scrub of Your Life Smoothing Body Scrub 
(Full sized 200ml £7.00 in Boots

I love a good body scrub in winter when I suffer from really rough dry skin on my upper arms this is from a selection of soap & glory goodies my mum got me for christmas and it's well worth the price. The scrub itself is really foamy and stuffed with lovely pink beads, it has a really fresh in your face smell which people might find off putting but me I love it. It leaves my skin lovely and smooth just need to remember to moisturise every day now!

Thalgo Cocooning Cleansing Milk
(Full sized 250ml £19.40 at lookfantastic)

Think this is going to be a new favourite for when I'm ill or rundown, it was one of my selections for my YouBeauty January Box and I've been using this week as a quick face cleanser as I've just not had the energy to do my full routine. It's kept my skin soft and the smell has really helped me relax & sleep. 

Goldwell Kerasilk Duo, Ultra Rich Keratin Care Daily Intense Mask & Ultra Rich Care Shampoo.

This duo was my other selection in my YouBeauty January Box and I managed to wash my hair 4 times before both samples ran out and from the first wash my unruly thick waxy hair was way more manageable, it didn't knot as quickly and was so shiny. I can't wait to get these when they go on sale in the uk later this month.

What were your favourite beauty products in January?

No comments:

Post a Comment