Wednesday 21 May 2014

Birchbox's May Special Edition Harper's Bazaar Box

Yay my Birchbox arrived last week and I was super excited to open it, I was like a kid on christmas morning and the first thing I noticed (well you can't miss it really) is the super pretty box. Just look at this beauty it's just so in your face its fab. 


This months box is designed in collaboration with Harpers Bazaar magazine and is described by the Birchbox UK team on the info card as an

"exclusive collection of products, all designed to prepare for a 
season's worth of outdoor adventures" 

Inside the box is the usual sample info card, however there is also a 12month Harper's Bazaar magazine subscription offer and a 'Great Outdoors Beauty Guide' mini mag, which is packed full of beauty and outdoor adventure inspiration.


The first product I was made up to find is another sample of Benefit They're Real! mascara, I love and it's my current favourite. It looks fab, doesn't clump, lasts all day and is waterproof, what more could a girl ask for!

Second and the only full-sized product in my box is an totally posh looking, classily boxed Soigné nail polish in Creme Au Beurre, which is a lovely nude pale pink, its a shade I'd normally avoid as I have a nasty habit of applying light shades streaky. Although I had a play painting my nails with it last night and eventhough it did streak but after 3 coats you could barely see it so I'm one happy bunny. 

My third product is a Aromatherapy Associates Bath and Shower Oil in Revive Morning which unfortunately isn't my thing as it just smells strongly of Eucalyptus (that strong it actually made my eyes water) so this will be going for swaps at some point in the future. 

The fourth and fifth are a double act of Beauty Protector Peotect & Shampoo and Protect & Conditioner. This brand is a Birchbox exclusive and I've had a smell of these and they smell quite soft, floral but with a sugary hint of marshmallows which I love. I'm looking forward to giving these a whirl. 

Last but certainly not least is the iconic Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser, receiving this is kinda weird as I actually just purchased the full size cleanser when it was reduced for 24hrs at the beginning of the month to celebrate receiving 100 awards. I'm really looking forward to trying this out soon, keep an eye out for a review soon. 


Birchbox have totally outdone themselves with this box and have redeemed themselves after last months less than impressive box. Here's hoping next months is as good as it's the last box of my 6 month christmas gift subscription and I'm still alittle undecided if I'm going to renew or not, next month box is the decider. 

If your interested in finding out the ins and outs of a birchbox subscription you can find all the info you'll need here


Did you receive a Birchbox this month? 
I'd love to hear all about the products you received! 

No comments:

Post a Comment