Monday 15 September 2014

Happy 1st Birthday YOU Beauty Discovery.


I've made no secret that since I started receiving my YOU Beauty boxes they quickly became my favourite beauty box to receive, at the end of the month I look eagerly look forward to receiving my spoiler email and seeing what goodies I can pick from the following month. 

As always this month menu of products is quite varied, there really is something for everyone to try. This month however they are also celebrating their 1st Birthday so as a birthday treat everyone who orders a box in September gets a bonus full-sized product included free of charge. 


Septembers bonus birthday treat

Toni & Guy Glamour Volume Plumping Whip 90ml (RRP £7.19) - everyone who ordered this month box received this pot of this whip, which actually totally covers the cost of the box alone. I actually received a pot of this in my Glamour Beauty Edit (you can read all about that box here), it smells amazing and I love using it whenever I feel my hair needs alittle extra bounce. So I decided to share the love around alittle and give this pot to my bestie to try out.. hopefully she'll love it. 


My choices

  • EYEKO Hydrogel Eye Patch x2 (Pack of 4 RRP £19.00) - I ordered these in preparation for the early morning school runs. Me and early morning don't get on and I find my panda eyes tend to darken dramatically as soon as we hit 3rd Sept so I'm hoping this makes me look less like the walking dead. 
  • ARK Age Aware Skincare Loving Duo (200ml Duo RRP £36.00) - this duo has a 30ml Shower Gel that smells really peppery which I really like and a 30ml Body Butter which smells far too floral for my liking. K however loves how girly it smells so at least it won't be wasted. 


Septembers lifestyle extras

There are 4 lifestyle extras in this months box.
  • A little peach circular makeup sponge - this cute little sponge has a pink ribbon handle, its adorable and fits in my pressed powder compact perfectly.
  • £25 gift card from Hello Fresh (hellofresh.co.uk) - this is the second Hello Fresh Gift card I've received from a beauty box and from experience I know I'm not too keen on the selections available so I'll be passing this on to my mum as I know she'll use it happily, she's much more adventurous food wide than I am.
  • 2x Crabtree & Evelyn Tea Bags 'Afternoon Tea & Blackberry Green Tea' (25pk RRP £3.50) - I'm abit of a coffee addict I tend to only drink tea if we a) have ran out of coffee or b) I'm ill as milky tea always makes me feel better when I'm ill, but Mr H loves a good cup of tea so these are welcome additions to our overflowing tea and coffee shelf. 


The only complaint I have this month (and it's only a small one) is regarding the company they use for delivering it. For the past 2 months I've come home to find a note through my door from my neighbour to say it was just left on my doorstep and that they picked it up to save it from possibly getting stolen. Last month I thought it was just a one off but after happening again this month I've emailed YOU Beauty to let me them know this has been happening so I'm hoping it won't happen again.. Guess I'll find out next month. 


If your interested in finding out more about YOU Beauty everything you need to know can be found on here

Did you like this months YOU Beauty selection?
Which items did you pick?

No comments:

Post a Comment