Monday 21 April 2014

Barry M - Pacific and Mermaid Polish Reviews

Hope you've all been having a fab easter weekend and that the bunny brought you all lots of chocolate. Today I have a review of two gorgeous polishes from the new Aquarium collection by Barry M that a close friend got me for my birthday last month. Pacific is a two-tone Blue with hints of green in a 'Oil slick' type effect while Mermaid is a Green, Blue and Gold large particle glitter topcoat, the two compliment each other perfectly.  

I first applied a very thin base coat (which dried very quickly) followed by a second slightly thicker coat. I didn't realise til after I'd applied my top coat that it wasn't quite opaque, in hindsight I'm sure a third coat will not only solved this but also deepened the colour even further. I love to accent my ring finger with a glitter topcoat and found that two coats of Mermaid provided a lovely even covering of sparkle. 

I finished with a coat of Seche Vite topcoat which for me is a total must as I just love how smooth and glossy it makes my nails look, I've also found it helps hide a multitude of sins making even my uneven painting look good. The wear was pretty good I got my first chip after 3 days which for me is great as normally I change my polish due to chips every other day, I just can't stand looking at chipped nail polish it makes me feel really self-conscious. 


Overall I think I'm in love with Pacific its bright, cheerful and oh so pretty how it seems to change colour at different angles and I think even Ariel would want a tail in the colours of Mermaid. 

Have you tried out any of the Aquarium Collection?
Which are your favourites?

No comments:

Post a Comment