Saturday 9 August 2014

The August You Beauty Box & My Thoughts


You Beauty is one of my favourite beauty subscription boxes, not only do you get to pick what your main items will be each month from a diverse selection of products, you also get different smaller samples each month all for the bargain price of just £6.95 which is half the price of other beauty subscriptions.

Augusts beauty shortlist is all about the Summer Essentials and range from sun protection to a pop of summery makeup. 



My Selections for August

I love treating myself to new hair treatments, it's a weakness I'm not sorry for so I had to choose the Louise Galvin Sacred Locks Treatment Masque 100ml (RRP £26.00 for 300ml). This item alone fully covers the cost of the box so any other items are a bonus. I love how this cream smells it's really zesty and summery, I can't wait to try it out as it's full of ingredients that are meant to be great for restoring moisture and shine to colour treated hair. A great bonus is that Louise Galvin is an environmentally friendly carbon neutral beauty brand which honestly I love the sound of because as a parent I do worry about the damage and problems were causing that my children will inherit. 

As someone with combination skin that it constantly slapping high factor sun cream on my face throughout the year to avoid adding more wrinkles to what feels like my constantly ageing face, I'm really interested in any SPF day creams or sun creams that claim to leave my skin non-greasy and won't break me out in spots. So I couldn't resist choosing the Eucerin Sun Mattifying Face Fluid SPF30 (Full-sized 50ml RRP £15.00), I decided against the SPF50 at the last minute so if needed I can use this on my daughter and I've found her eczema flares if I use sun lotions higher than SPF30. After a quick test on the back of my hand it seems to be a thin easy to spread lotion which absorbs super quickly. As it's perfume-free, scent wise it's pretty similar to every other sun creams I own. 

Augusts Extra Treats

This month the You Beauty team are really spoiling us with not one or two samples but four! There's a 4-way nail buffer which is a great freebie to store away for when my current buffer either goes missing or goes to the big nail buffer heaven in the sky otherwise known as the bin. There's a 2ml sample of FaceD 3-LURONICS Instant Effect Cream Serum (RRP £24.99 for 30ml) which aims to visibility reduce wrinkles and expression lines. For the price if this works it's pretty reasonable and actually within my price range so I'm looking forward to trying this sample out. 

The last two samples are both by Jimmy Choo. There's a 2ml sample of Jimmy Choo Eau De Parfum which isn't some think I'd buy personally it's too strong and to me smells like floral soap, although shockingly Mr H likes it I'm starting to wonder if he knows my perfume tests at all! And the other is a 2ml sample of the new Jimmy Choo Man which after attacking Mr H with it, were decidedly undecided its smells like some think he already owns and not quite, I can't decide if I love it or hate it and Mr H is the same.


So there it is another great box with great products with a value way over what I paid for it. You can really tell that the You Beauty team put proper thought in to the menu choices every month as there really is some think for everyone.  If your interested in learning more about the You Beauty Discovery Box every think you could possible want to know can be found here

Did you like this months You Beauty menu?
What items did you pick? 

No comments:

Post a Comment