Saturday 16 August 2014

The Beauty Blogger Tag


The other week while bored I was surfing the net looking for blogging inspiration I stumbled across The Beauty Blogger Tag completed by 2 amazing bloggers, Beauty Guide 101 and Sam Barker and thought it might be fun to take a shot at it. It took awhile as its pretty long but I managed it, so make yourselves a brew, pull up a chair and start reading. 


1. Is your hair naturally curly or straight?

It's naturally wavy.

2. What is your natural hair colour?

When I was little it was a mid to dark Blonde but as I've got older its more of a mid/dark Brown.

3. Do you dye it yourself or go to a salon?

As a teenager I dyed my own and had so many disasters so I stick with getting it coloured at my favourite salon now. 

4. How often do you wash your hair?

Every 2 or 3 days usually but it depends on what I've been doing and if its been unusually warm. 

5. Do you wear the same style every day or change it?

I'm either running around doing housework or sat reading my uni books so I tend to stick to ponytails during the day. And if it wavy or straight all depends on if I could be bother to blow-drying my hair or not.

6. Do you do your own mani/pedi or go to a salon?

Before having my girls I use to have the time to go to a salon, now though I usually do my own and save going to a nail salon for special occasions. 

7. How often to you change your nail polish?

Every 2-3 days or more, I get bored really easily and hate having chipped polish.

8. Do you polish your toes in the winter, too or just in the summer?

Just in the summer, I just don't see the point in winter unless I'm wearing shoes that show them.

9. How long does it take to put on your makeup?

About 10 mins tops although I haven't timed it yet. My everyday makeup routine is pretty easy and natural looking so doesn't take long to do. 

10. What do you do first? Face or eyes?

Face usually unless I'm doing my eyes a dark colour then ill do them first. But my blusher and highlighter is always the last to be done. 

11. Do you "collect" makeup or just buy what you need when you need it?

Since I've started to receive beauty boxes monthly I have definitely become a makeup collector.

12. How often do you wear false eyelashes?

Never I hate them the thought of using glue near my eyes gives my nightmares.

13. Do you do a full face of makeup every day?

Not always if I'm in a rush I'll just use concealer and powder to even my skin tone out. 

14. Do you wear makeup when you are home alone (or with family)?

If its just me, Mr H and the girls I go makeup free but if were due visitors I'll run upstairs and add the basics. 

15. Will you leave the house without makeup?

I have done yes sometimes I just don't feel like wearing any.

16. How many high end products do you have?

I few but they've either been gifts or in the sale. I like to stick to a budget unless its somethink really really special 

17. How often do you wash your makeup brushes?

I wash them weekly. 

18. Do you plan your OOTD every night or decide when you are getting dressed?

If we have plans for the next day I'll do it the night before save rushing in the morning its stressful enough getting the girls ready in the morning already. But otherwise I tend to just grab what looks OK out of the drawer. 

19. How often do you change your handbag?

I love handbags and purses and love to get a new one every few months so maybe 4-5 times a year. 

20. What time do you get up & go to sleep?

On school days, it's bed by midnight and up for 7am for the school run. On the weekend or school holidays it can be as late as 2/3am up at 8am

21. How often & when do you workout?

I walk the girls to school everyday which is a 40minute round trip. I do have a Crosstrainer in our bedroom which I use whenever I fancy maybe once or twice a week. I really need to exercise more though. 

22. Left-handed or Right-handed?

I'm Right-handed.

23. How tall are you?

5'5" according to the gym wall chart but I've also been measured at 5'6"

24. Do you speak a foreign language?

I can speak a little German and I do mean just a little. 

25. How many pets do you have?

We have 2 dogs, Harry a 12year old male Lab cross and Fudge a 10year old female English Springer Spaniel. Who are both very young at heart and tend to act like crazy pups.

26. How often are you on Blogger?

A few tines a week sometimes more if I have time. Once or twice I do get tied up doing uni essays so I miss a week or two. 

27. Do you read the comments posted blogs?

Yes every time and I love replying so please leave me more I love heralding from you all. 

28. Do you keep a list of products to try as you see other posts?

Kind of I like taking screen shots of products (one if the reasons I love my iPhone) I might like and then I hunt them down on-line or in stores.

29. How did you come up with your blog name?

It took awhile as at first I wanted something clever and witty but nothing a came up with felt right so I went back to basics. I decided I wanted some think simple that covered everything I might want to write about. And my blog name just about covers that, or at least I hope it does. 

30. What kind of camera do you use for photographs?

My iPhone as My husband won't let me just his expensive camera in case I break it. I can be quite accident prone at times.

31. How often do you clean your house? (Daily, weekly, other)

It use to be daily but now as the girls get older and tidy up after themselves a little more I'm back to just a quick pick up and brush round the house everyday and then a proper house clean at the weekends.

32. What is your favourite colour?

Green I love how fresh and springlike it looks.

33. What is your favourite beauty/fashion magazine?

I like glamour and red magazine they have in my opinion more affordable fashion ideas in than some of the other magazines. 

34. Do you swear?

Yes but more with my friends than at home, I don't want my girls to overhear me. 

35. What are you doing with the rest of your day?

I'm be spending my afternoon sorting & packing my overnight bag for mine and Mr H's early pre-anniversary getaway. 


Well there it is all 35 questions completed, hope you enjoyed it and I tag each and everyone of you to complete it. Don't forget to post your link in the comments when your done as I'd love to read your answers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment