Thursday 28 August 2014

We're off on 'Quests' with Augusts MyGeekBox


I always get excited when we receive our My Geek Box as it's always such a big box I can't wait to open it and fine out whats inside and after seeing some great spoilers on the My Geek Box Facebook page I was extra excited for some epic 'Quest' style goodies...


And they didn't disappoint although I do feel a tad cheated as the box looks half empty but there are 5  fun items inside so I can't really complain. Anyway let's have a look at the swag itself...


Yep your seeing right that's a Game of Thrones Drogon Pop figure (RRP £9.99) and I love it! I'm a huge Game of Thrones fan not only for the amazing story but also because every since I was little I've loved  dragons and the fact that Drogon is the most badass of them all makes this one of my favourites for this box. 


I'm abit undecided where The Hobbit is concerned I love most of J.R.R. Tolkien works but this one just didn't do it for me, the films were good but just didn't amaze me and I really wanted them too. Mr H and K loved them though so these 'An Unexpected Journey' postcards were a hit with them, they are now really excited for it to be released. The artwork on all 4 postcards is amazing but my favourite has to be the Map of Middle Earth it's just so detailed. 


Following on The Hobbit theme I was super excited to see that the Tshirt in this months box was a mashup of Reservoir Dogs (a cult classic) and The Lord of the Rings (a epic trilogy). Yet again another great T-shirt to add to so Mr H already massive collection. 


Another Game of Thrones goodie and this time its a House Targaryen bookmark (RRP £1.99) so yet more dragon swag for me to love and I do love it, I am attempted though to treat myself to the House Stark one as they are my other favourite House. 


You can't have a Quest themed box without support@lipfactoryinc.com bit of Harry Potter magic thrown in and these Bertie Bott's Every Flavour Jelly Beans are disgusting fun, they had Mr H, K and T crying with laughter at each other as they each picked one to try, needless to say I'm pretty sure Mr H was cheating as the girls seemed to get every mingling flavour possible, it was pretty funny though seeing the faces they pulled with each new taste. Me however I'm never ever trying my luck as I'm pretty sure id end up with a vomit flavoured one. 


This months box was great fun to open with something for each of us even if it was just icky flavoured sweets for T. 
And as I write this Drogon is sat on top of the pile of books on my bedside table keeping watch with my House Targaryen bookmark for company.

If your interested in receiving your very own My Geek Box (Sepember theme is Apocalypse) everything you need to know about this UK based subscription can be found on their website MyGeekBox.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment